Boozy + Festive // Threads 4th of July Popsicles
Land of the free, home of the babes. The Fourth of July is finally here and we are ready to celebrate Threads style. This year, we are bringing the sweet Summer treats with a healthy yet boozy twist. With no artificial flavors or colors + simple / whole ingredients and of course your fav alcohol of choice, these are the perfect 4th of July party starters.
What you will need:
2 small mixing bowls
Ice pop molds
Blueberry Mojito Popsicles :
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- 35 mint leaves
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons light rum
- 6 oz blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut sugar, water, and 25 mint leaves. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, strain out mint and pour syrup into a large bowl. Squeeze into the bowl lime juice and rum and mix until combined.
- Pour into 10 popsicle molds, filling a little more than ¾ of the way up. Toss one fresh mint leaf and about 12 blueberries into each mold. Fit with popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours
Raspberry Lemonade Yogurt Popsicles :
- 1 + 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 T . coconut sugar
- 2 6 oz . Original Yoplait Yogurt French vanilla
- 1 T . lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Place the fresh raspberries in a fine mesh strainer. Press the raspberries with a spatula and continue to work it until all of the juice is in the bowl and only the seeds and some skin is left in the strainer. Discard seeds.
- Add the granulated sugar into the raspberry puree. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir to incorporate.
- Scoop the yogurt into four popsicle mold cavaties. Try to keep it even.
- Put the raspberry puree into a cup with a spout or spoon it into the molds to the top. Using a knife or a skewer, poke the raspberry puree down into the yogurt mixture until it's mixed to your liking. Avoid stirring to get the swirled effect like mine.
- Place the popsicle sticks or tops in. Freeze overnight until set.
- Run hot water on the outside of the mold for about 30 seconds. Pull popsicles out and serve.
Best enjoyed with friends by your side and sparklers in hand! — Happy Fourth of July Babes!